This activity will help to reinforce spider facts in a fun way. They will remember that a spider’s body has two sections and they have eight legs. This activity is also designed to help those children who may be afraid of spiders to become more comfortable.
1. Teach the class the song “The Itsy Bitsy Spider.”
2. Pass out paper and let the kids draw places they would like to see a spider go up.
3. Help them put their thumbs on the ink pad and make two prints that form the spider’s body.
4. Let the children draw in the spider’s eight legs.
5. When everyone has finished sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider again, but substitute the places students have drawn for the water spout.
When was the last time a spider surprised you?