Materials for fruit snack:
- Cut oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruit into small sections
- Place one of each on a paper plate
- Blindfold students before putting the plates in front of them
- Have students “smell” each piece of fruit with their tongues and guess which type of fruit they’ve “smelled”.
- After each child has smelled their fruit like a snake, give each a glass of juice. Students can eat the fruit separately or put the slices in the juice and enjoy.
Alternative to fruit:
Teacher can use any vegetable or fruit with similar consistencies (like white potato and sweet potato) for the “smell” like a snake snack. Or different flavors of potato chips work too.