thread, cut into 12” to 18” pieces
1. Draw an oval in the middle of a paper plate.
2. Starting from the oval, draw a spiraling line out to the edge of the plate (be sure to spiral 4 or 5 times).
3. Draw eyes on the inner oval (snake head) and let children color the snake’s body.
4. Cut along the spiral line starting from the outside edge and working your way to the center oval.
5. Sew thread through center of snake’s head, securing on the back side with a knot.
Questioning and Discussion:
What colors did the children use to make their snakes?
What do colors help real snakes do?
Why would snakes need to hide?