Game: How do bats find food?
1. Ask students to stand close to each other in a circle
2. Select one child to be the bat
3. Blindfold the “bat”
4. Select four students to be insects and give them each a rattle
5. Have the bat say “beep”
6. The insects respond with a short rattle
7. The bat repeats beep and the insects repeat the rattle until found by the bat
8. Select a new bat and new insects
Questioning: Explain how the sound a bat makes echoes and that the bat follows the echo to the insect. Ask students what they use their ears for each day.