Color Activity: Mix a Rainbow
- Squeeze Bottle (3) per group
- Washable Paint (1) set per group: (1) red, (1) blue, (1)yellow
- No-Spill Paint Cups (6) per group
- Craft Sticks (for mixing)
- Paint Brushes
- Paint Paper
- Water (for rinsing brushes)
Instruct the children to mix their paint the same way we added colors together in the previous activity:
o Squirt yellow & red into one cup & stir to make orange.
o Squirt red & blue into another cup & stir to make purple.
o Squirt yellow & blue into a 3rd cup & stir to make green.
Add the primary colors to each of the other 3 cups, then paint a picture using all the colors of the rainbow.