Activity: Spider parade
While the preschoolers are doing this activity use this opportunity to talk about the number of parts and legs a spider has compared with insects. Also, the spider has an exoskeleton making the outside of the body hard, which can be compared to the Styrofoam balls.
- Give each student two halves of a foam ball and let them paint it black.
- Use the mini stix to connect the two foam body sections
- When the paint dries add the pipe chenille stem legs and glue the wiggly eyes on.
- Fasten a long piece of elastic string to the paper fastener and insert into the back of the spider.
- Tie the other end to a craft stick.
- Let students have a spider parade around the room.